Friday, April 17, 2009

March Favorites

Now that we're well into April, I figured I would post our March favorites.


Favorite Children's Book of the Month

Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed by Mo Willems


Favorite Kids' Song of the Month
Grumpy by Music for Aardvarks. So catchy. We can all be heard humming it around the house.

Favorite Clothing Items of the Month
Creed - Fruit of the Loom Socks. I know that may sound strange, but Creed has chubby little ankles and we have tries many different brands of socks because they all seem too tight on his ankles. Larry and I would both feel bad when we peeled his socks off at the end of the day and saw the deep red marks that his socks left. The Fruit of the Loom socks are really soft and stretchy so Creed no longer minds wearing socks and as an added bonus, on the inside of each sock they print a letter to indicate the size so they are really easy to sort.
Steph- polkadot cardigan from Target. It's not that flattering on me, but gray with polka dots! Need I say more?
Larry- Hideous yellow sunglasses, which he actually did purchase after I took this photo, even though Lisa and I advized him against it. I realize that they are really an accessory and not an item of clothing, but he loves them so much, how could I resist documenting that?

Favorite Song for Grown-Ups of the Month
Stephanie - Ordinary Day - Emilie Mover
Larry - a tie between "That's Not My Name" by The Ting-Tings and "1, 2, 3, 4" by The Plain White Tees (I promise that if you listen to "That's Not My Name" two times, it will be stuck in your head for the rest of the month)

Favorite Recipe of the Month
Turkey Burgers
I found this recipe on a blog I've shared before called Sugar City Journal, and I don't know why I waited months to try it. Much better than my traditional mush some grill seasoning into ground turkey and throw it on the grill version. "1 lb. ground turkey, 2 T. balsamic vinegar, 1 c. grated cheddar cheese, 1 t. salt, 2 T. dried minced onions, 1 T. garlic powder. Easy. Mix up, shape, and grill... so savory and so quick!"

2 comments:

Bryt, Liz (Ed), and Ellie Christensen said...

I had to listen to your songs to see what they were...I like yours best Stephanie. Larry's That's Not My Name is hilarious, I never would have known. Haha.

Nina said...

Somehow the Larry that keeps popping up in this blog is not the Larry that I thought I knew . . . yellow sunglasses . . . oh my!