Thursday, February 14, 2008

Be Mine

We're Valentining it up around here!
I'm trying to raise Creed right so we're trying to teach him from an early age to treat his girlfriend well on Valentine's Day. We went to the store and I held up a few potential gifts for him to choose from for his Gal Pal Audrey. He chose a cupid Mr. Potatohead, and then we went home, and I made this card for her. I have to brag because I think this is the cutest card EVER!!!!! It's the adorable kids that really make it great.It's hard to really photograph, but it pops up when you open it and the two people hug. I got the idea from Robert Sabuda and Matthew Reinhart's visit on Martha Stewart (I'm totally in love with all of their pop-up books). You can see the instructions and get the template here. Be sure to click on the video tab so you can see how they did it. I added a little photo of the Potatohead to Creed's hand so he looks like he's giving it to her. Larry wanted me to make a second one for us to keep, but instead, I decided to make one for him for my own card to him.

He's holding a label maker because that's what I'm giving him for Valentine's Day. So romantic, huh? I know it's a little weird, but he's been telling me for YEARS that he wants a label maker and he mentions it all the time so I finally picked one up for him.

I hope all of you are having a happy Valentine's Day too!

5 comments:

Molly Malia said...

ha, love it! man you are so creative!
happy valentines day... creed is going to be a great catch...

Anonymous said...

Creed IS one great catch and Audrey IS one lucky girl. As I stated on my blog tonight, Creed has set a very high bar and is going to one tough act to follow. Thanks so much for spoiling my girl!

TX Girl said...

These are hysterical. I cannot wait to make my own. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

The cards are indeed great. So amazing Steph! You never cease to amaze.

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph! This is a blast from the past. Amelia & Audrey's grandpa and grama Hudson just returned from vacation and yikes!..it IS Valentine's Day today. Guess we'll be late on our's for the girls but I just wanted to tell you how clever the cards are and that at first I tought your husband had a TV remote in his hand..lots of guys have them practically attached to the hip! Ha! We hope you are all well and happy in SLC.

Happy Valentine's Day,

Mike & Sandy Hudson