Saturday, September 22, 2007

Weekend fun

I love weekends that Larry doesn't work! Friday night we were in charge of a ward BBQ. Larry had never grilled before and he had three grills going with hamburgers and hot dogs so he gained some grilling experience fast!

Today was our friend Jessica's birthday and they invited us over for dinner so we did our best to provide some birthday cheer since it's been an awful weekend for Donny and Jessica. They are incredibly thoughtful friends who do so much for us so we wanted to something special for Jess. I designed a new banner and some tags for her Etsy shop, and I'm so happy with the way they turned out.
I'm trying to finish a design draft for the company my mom works for, but I'm having total design block there. It was nice to take a break and work on something so simple and fun.

We also picked up several pints of Jeni's ice cream since they needed some good comfort food and who can resist Jeni's? Larry picked the flavors: Frostop Rootbeer, Peach sorbet, Passionfruit Sorbet, Apple cider five-spice, and bananas with honey. Donny and Jessica already had a pie from Just Pies so it was a night full of my favorite local desserts! They also had an awesome early birthday gift for Larry. Check it out!

An OSU potato head!!!!!!! I didn't even know they made those.

The evening ended early enough for us to make it over to David and Nikki's to catch the end of their outdoor movie night. They were screening the original Willy Wonka (one of Larry's favorite movies of all time). I couldn't get a good picture because I didn't want to use my flash and disturb the other viewers, but Creed was in awe of the big screen.

So now we can add another way that Creed is like Larry: 1) He hates it when anyone touches his nose 2) He thinks peas are disgusting 3) He's in love with Willy Wonka. SCARY!

1 comment:

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

We were sad to be out of town and miss the ward BBQ. Sounds like it was fun--especially with Larry around things are always lively! Thanks for all you guys do.