Sunday, September 30, 2007

California here we come!

So several exciting things have happened around here. The most important are: 1) We got a new camera. We been saving up and I finally bought a new camera while I was in Utah, but I still haven't really learned how to use it so we used both cameras this week. I bet you can tell which pictures we took with the old camera.

2) We decided to celebrate Larry's birthday with a trip to Southern California. We decided not to spend much on birthdays this year so we could buy our camera, but we found $10.00 tickets to Burbank on Skybus and that fit the budget. Yes, I'm totally serious; we flew from Ohio to Southern California for $10.00 each!!!!!

We flew out Monday morning and spent most of Monday around LA. We started off by visiting the house Larry lived in until her was 12.
Next stop, Tito's Tacos. When we first got married, I didn't really understand the joys of tacos from this hole in the wall, but with Larry tutoring me, I've really come to appreciate it. As you can tell, Larry was pretty excited.It's been several years since either of us had seen the Walk Of Fame so we headed to Hollywood next. Here are Larry and Creed at Grauman's Chinese Theater. We had to look for some of our favorite stars. I found Doris Day.Larry found Johnny DeppAnd Creed found Jimmy Stewart (he appreciates the classics). Here he is trying to explain to Larry the many merits of Jimmy Stewart.And here's Larry trying to teach Creed some of Fred Astaire's moves.And last, but certainly not least, we drove down to Irvine just in time to catch a book signing with one of my favorite author/illustrators, MO WILLEMS!!!!!!! I think I'll blog about that on the childlitbookclub blog soon, but here's a picture of Creed in awe of Mo (as he should be!)
Then we made it home in time to greet Grandma from work and pick up some Carls Jr. Pretty perfect day one, huh? More vacation details to come . . .

7 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome trip already guys! I love Skybus too. Happy birthday Larry!

Anonymous said...

mmmm... tacos. DO THEY HAVE TOTS IN THEM??? Are they better than taco johns?

Anonymous said...

Audrey is going to be so jealous when she finds out that Creed met MO WILLEMS!

The Jensen Family said...

I hate you for posting pictures of Titos! my mouth has not stopped watering! there will be no way to cure this unless i fly to L.A. myself! thanks a lot guys!

Alexandra and Benjamin said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. Love the photos! I am going to start looking for bargain Skybus tickets. Thanks for the tip. Come visit us next! Your bed is waiting!

Scott said...

okay I could really use a Tito's taco now.

ellen said...

My family loves Tito's Tacos!!!