Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I am a graduate!

Last night I had my final beginning-guitar lesson. My teacher, Heather, is moving today so we held the lesson at my house. There were five people in my class and they all came with their spouses to play some of the songs we learned and have some really good cheesecake that Heather made to reward us for practicing.

Guitar lessons were a bit of a struggle for me because I am not used to being the worst in most things, but believe me, i was THE WORST by far! I do not have the same natural musical talent that it seems like everyone else in my family has. I have really improved, but so has everyone else in the class so I am still the worst, but I feel better about it now because I'm so much better then I was.

I borrowed a guitar from a friend so now I'm hoping to get my own so that I can keep practicing. Maybe the birthday fairy will bring me one or maybe my mom will lend me one of hers (Mom, are you reading this? I'm just saying . . .)

I could not wake Larry up when I got home from work so I decided to let him sleep a little while longer, and I went downstairs and I ended up falling asleep on the couch. Oops! I woke up after 7:30 and Larry helped me do some quick cleaning before everyone arrived at 8:00. We had a lot of fun and I will miss my class. I meant to take pictures for the blog, but I forgot.

After class Larry and I headed over to Heather & Rick's to help them pack up their kitchen stuff and move it to their new house. Rick just matched here for his residency, and I'm excited to have some friends who will be sticking around here after graduation. We've made some great friends here and it's always so hard to see them move on so I'm happy this time I won't have to say goodbye. I would like to be more like Rick and Heather because they are the best hosts ever! It seems like everytime I meet someone new at church, they've already had dinner at Rick and Heather's. Not only are they good cooks, they also are really creative and have people over for things like murder mystery dinners and FHE Jeopardy. The best part is that their new house isn't far from ours so even though guitar lessons are ending we'll still be able to hang out.

I hope that the rest of you had a good night too.

1 comment:

I am Laura said...

Congrates: When are you playing in church?