I can't believe I've been Mrs. Ford for ten years! Larry and I celebrated our tenth anniversary on Wednesday. We weren't making grand plans because we sort of bought a house for our tenth anniversary (Actually, what could be grander than that?)
Of course, Mr. Ford had to step things up a bit an surprise me with these postcards with handwritten love notes on the back of each and every one. They were stashed all over the house for me to discover throughout the day. When I took this photo, I didn't know I still had a few more to find.
In honor of our anniversary, here are a few more interesting tidbits about Mr. Ford:
- He downloaded mmmbob
- He's very anti piracy. He would never download anything without paying for it.
- He will never wear corduroy due to a traumatic elementary school experience
- Creed thinks he's really magic because he can take his finger off
- He always volunteers to change Ollie's stinky diapers
- He's adopted his dad's motto of, "If it doesn't bleed, I can't fix it."
- He took Latin in high school
- He loves to watch the cartoon Phineas and Ferb. He's even DVRed episodes and watched them by himself.
- He is the one who fell in love with our house and had to have it. All the houses we saw before this he was like, "It's fine. It'll work. Whatever, let's just buy it." and I kept telling him I wanted a house we LOVED because I'm sick of moving. I know he's happy that I made him wait.
- His favorite artist is Mark Rothko.
- He loves to travel. Since we've been married, we've been to the Mexican Riviera, Vancouver, Toronto, New York, Boston, Knoxville, Louisville, Washington DC, Chicago, Las Vegas, Nauvoo, Yellowstone, and many trips to So CA. We can't wait for the boys to get bigger so we can travel a little further abroad.
- He gets more excited about trips to Disneyland than the boys do.
- I think I've finally convinced him that Jimmy Fallon is funny, but it's taken him years to come around
- He never minds making dinner, but he says if a recipe calls for more than three ingredients, it's too complicated.
- He has a heterosexual man-crush on Zack Braff
- He can make the boys laugh so much harder than I can.
- We don't see eye to eye on how to furnish the house. I tend to head for modern with clean lines and he tends to look for crazy modern or keeping it vintage 70's
- He takes longer to get ready than I do.
- He was recently asked to teach a group of rowdy 11-year-olds at church. He's only had one Sunday with them so far, but I think they are going to love him.
- In his teenage years, he loved heavy metal and wore mostly black. There may have even been a time or two that he wore black lipstick and painted his nails black.
- He told me to stop buying him books because he never has time to read them. Any spare reading time he has is spent reading medical journals to stay up-to-date.
- When we got Ipods, we agreed to only download one song a month because he was in medical school and even that was stretching the budget, but he still sticks to that agreement, which makes I-tunes gift certificates his favorite gift. (which also makes #1 funnier)
- He'll eat anything that I make for dinner and pretend to like it, even if it was an experiment gone terribly wrong.
- He always tries to keep my car filled with gas. I rarely have to stop at the pump.
- He takes care of making sure Ollie gets his medications and keeping them refilled.
He is the love of my life, and I'm so lucky to have him!