Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Did I mention that we bought a house?

Sometimes I'm so busy trying to document the little things around here, that I forget to mention big things.

A few months ago, Larry decided to join The Central Utah Clinic where he will finally be practicing his specialty in Infectious Diseases.  It's been a long ten years of medical training, and we are so excited to be moving on to this stage of his life.  Larry has been joking that he has been putting off making any money as long as he possibly can.

Neither of us would have predicted we ever would be moving back to Provo, Utah.  I have to admit I was not so excited about the location (I am a big city girl, through and through), but it's a great career opportunity for Larry and an extra bonus is that we'll be close to some of our family.

It feels a little weird moving back to a place we lived ten years ago.  We've both grown up so much since then, and the city has changed a lot too.  I have exactly one friend there, but I'm telling myself that we're sure to meet cool people there, right? And you know I love exploring new cities.  I'm sure there will be lots of things to fall in love with there as well as some old favorites (J-Dawgs, drives up to Sundance, and breathtaking views of the mountains to name a few)

We looked at homes a few months ago and were far from falling in love with anything so we decided to build.  We had plans in hand, but after a few weeks of frustration, we saw every lot on the market and came up empty handed because none of them were ideal.  That night, I checked the MLS and saw a home I new Larry would love.  The very next day we made an offer and we were in contract.  We got our keys last week, and we'll probably be moving around the end of the month (third move in a year, and hopefully the last for a very very long time).  

It feels good and a little intimidating to be a home owner again.  I'll try to post pictures soon, I promise!

15 comments:

Kate @ Love and Kate said...

Yay! Congratulations! Can't wait to see and hear all about your new place! I know it must be a relief to know you're moving for a good while this time. :)

Mom said...

Oh my Goodness! How exciting!

Anonymous said...

How exciting!! I can't wait to see how beautiful you make your new home!! And a plus...we come down that way all the time...we really should get together sometime. I'd love to catch up!

Stefanie Hathaway said...

How Great! I work at Hearts for Home Health and we work closely with Central Utah Clinic- so if Larry ever has referrals for us, we have marketing efforts(bribes) for him :)

Reba said...

Yay!! We're coming in June to Orem. Can we come say hi?

Heather said...

Surreal - a real job and a house! Wow. Hopefully we'll get to see you as Women's conference or Education Week come up...

congrats

Jessica said...

We are so happy for you guys. I'm sure you are excited to own a home again. Have fun settling in.

Shar said...

hooray! i'm so happy for you! but our timing is always off - now that you're finally moving there, we're gone. drat! but we'll be visiting in july and i'd love to catch up with you. are you going to any conferences this year? how's your writing. hmm. i guess this calls for an email not just a comment.

good luck with the move. :)

Krista Hansen said...

Am I your one friend in Provo? Maybe not, because I actually live in Orem. But now you can have two friends close by. I would love to see you sometime! I can't wait to see all the wonderful things you do to your new house. Congrats!

Quigley Family said...

I'm just a blog stalker, but congrats and you'll love Provo (I think). I have many friends that have moved back with a family and have LOVED it. And to get to have a JDawg whenever you want, that alone is worth the move :)

Btw, love your blog and your boys. Darling. I want to go on a cruise like your family did, so fun with the little ones. Can't wait to see pictures of the new house. Good luck.

Unknown said...

Hey Steph I can be your Springville friend :) YAY! Let's get our boys together to play.

Krystal Trapnell said...

Yay! Can't wait to see the new place. Get settled and then let's get together!

Brittany said...

ok funny b/c you mentioned moving but never gave details so i thought i'd missed something! we'll be there in the summer or nov. and we'd LOVE to play some sequence! anytime you want to vacation in NM, call us...you'd love Santa Fe!

nickila said...

congratulations on your new home steph!can't wait to see how u decorate them!

Shane Adams said...

As soon as you open your new house's door, you're also opening to a new life chapter, so to speak. It's like going back to the old City for new adventures! How did you find this home that you've bought? And what were the things there that made you bought it? Here's to the best of everything ahead!