Wednesday, April 18, 2007

So Much to Celebrate!

First and foremost, since Creed has come home from the hospital he hasn't slept between 10 pm and 5 am. After three weeks of that I was a total zombie, but three nights ago he started sleeping at night!!!! Of course he wakes up several times a night and he may wake up for the day at 5 am, but it's still a huge improvement. I can't tell you how overjoyed I am at the change.

Then add to that that Larry's back. He's been out of town for the past week for fellowship interviews and to spend a little time with his grandpa. I knew ahead of time that he had to go and cried every time I thought of it because I wasn't sure I was ready for a week alone with Creed. It was a rough week on our own, but we both survived and we're so happy to have Larry back!

He made it home just in time to go to a party to see our friend Adam Blacker on Who Wants to be a Millionaire. It was so fun to be watching someone we know that we would love to see win loads of money. Adam's wife Sheri put together a fantastic party, They had a costume contest for people dressed up like millionaires and they had everyone guess how much money Adam won. They even had questions prepared for all the party goers to play Who Wants to be a Millionaire and they provided some amazing snacks and prizes. Here's Adam on the big screen.


Here's the crowd cheering for Adam.
And here's the $25,000.00 winner!
And his lovely party-planning wife.
Being at such a fun party made me realize that it's been awhile since we've planned anything fun. I'd like to do something especially fun for our friends since they've been so thoughtful and helpful with Creed. I'm thinking maybe a local version of The Amazing Race that will take them to some of our favorite places in Columbus. Does that sound fun to you?

3 comments:

Beazer said...

Sounds like a riot. I think I'd slow my team down though. I'm glad you mentioned the problem with pictures and Blogger. I was struggling and thought it was just my computer. It was great to finally meet Creed -- he's a doll! And I'm glad you're finally getting some sleep.

lisa h. said...

i'm so glad creed is sleeping better for you! it's funny how exciting it is to be thankful for 3 straight hours of sleep - but it's a huge deal!

we watched Adam on tv as well, it was very exciting! did a lot better than i would've!

Krystal Trapnell said...

Oh man, a Columbus version of the Amazing Race would be awesome! I wish I could be there for it.