Thursday, November 01, 2012

Wild Thing, I think I love you

Many of you have wondered if everything is ok with the Ford household because I haven't been blogging (so sweet of you to ask by the way). Not to worry, all is well, I joined Instagram and that has met my friend/family sharing needs for the most part, BUT not everyone is one Instagram, in fact some of my best far away friends are not on Instagram.  And this blog is my only form of journaling so I keep thinking about my poor kids won't know the details of this time of their lives unless I start blogging again so I guess I have a lot to tell you about.

But instead of playing catch-up today, let's talk about how magical this Halloween was.  Both of my boys love the book Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak.  This year the fates aligned because not only does Ollie fit into the Max costume that I made for Creed a few years ago, but Creed was happy about the idea of being a Wild Thing.

I kept Creed's costume simple knowing he would need to be able to put it on himself for his school costume parade. I made the top a jacket (I lust after these beautiful coats by LittleGoodall and tried to come up with something similar, but I wanted Creed's face to be the Wild Thing's face) and I just sharpied scales on some old pants.  I bought a new crown for Ollie from my friend Annie, and we were good to go.

I've been wanting to schedule a children's portrait session with Ashley Thalman, and I figured why not let them have a wild rumpus in their costumes?  I called her up last minute and even though she had a busy weekend, she worked us in.  She sent me these photos the very next day (and many more. I know this seems like a million, but I had such a hard time cutting it down to just my very favorites).  I hope you don't mind me over-sharing; I just love them so much! It wasn't anything formal, just the two of them tromping around the yard, being themselves, and I think that's why they are so great.
























Thank you so much Ashley!

I hope all of you had a Halloween as magical as ours.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those photos of your boys are adorable!! ;) It looks like you did have a magical Halloween! I'd love to follow you on Instagram...my username is emilymerritt if you want to add me! ;)

Danielle said...

the costumes are so fun and unique and those pictures are incredible!!! I wouldn't have been able to narrow it down any further than you did. blogs are a lot of work to keep on top of-you're doing great. :)

TX Girl said...

Love the costumes. And about the number of photos-- that's the thing about Ashley, it's impossible for her to take a bad picture which results in hundreds of breathe taking, unbelievable photos.

mandi said...

well that just worked out perfectly, now didn't it?! They are adorable- and I can see how you'd have a hard time choosing a favorite!

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

These costumes and photos are amazing! And of course it doesn't hurt that your boys are so adorable. :)

kv barn said...

nice blog! love the costumes :)!

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for sharing such a useful information, ideas with us. Please Visit:

radiant cut diamonds
Heart Shaped Loose Diamond
Gia Certified Loose Diamonds