Thursday, January 20, 2011

Christmas Ornaments 2010

We have a tradition of giving the boys each an ornament every christmas.  This year, Creed was big enough to have an opinion about his ornament and I made the mistake of telling him he could choose it himself.  So you know what we ended up with?  This Beauty!
He was so in love with it, how could I say no.  It makes me smile every time I see it.  Plus, it will make a great story when he gets older.

 It made me more aware that I only have a few years to pick Ollie's ornament on my own so I tried hard to find something special that would really be a keepsake for him.  Larry and I ended up settling on this Jonathan Adler Squirrel ornament because it made us both smile. I have to say I do look forward to seeing what he will choose for himself once he has an opinion on such things.

3 comments:

Kate @ Love and Kate said...

Okay, that picture of Creed with his ornament is PRICELESS! Love it. And Ollie's ornament is beautiful!

lisa h. said...

those are cute! you are very nice to let them choose...I come home w/ the ornament for them that I picked out...I'm not brave enough to let them choose it themselves (brave or maybe I'm just mean....).

Larry said...

Creed's looks kinda like a "pretty lady." And the future blackmail potential is limitless...